Friday, September 28, 2007

Day 37

Scripture
Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD.
Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.
If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?
But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.
I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they
that watch for the morning.
Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous
redemption.
And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

Psalm 130 (KJV)
Prayer
O Lord, we beseech thee, absolve thy people from their offences; that through thy bountiful goodness we may all be delivered from the bands of those sins, which by our frailty we have committed. Grant this, O heavenly Father, for Jesus Christ's sake, our blessed Lord and Saviour. Amen.

“The Twenty-Fourth Sunday After Trinity,” The Book of Common Prayer (traditional)


Reflection
“There is nothing that the Holy Ghost doth so much labour in all the Scriptures to beat into men’s heads, as repentance, amendment of life, and speedy returning unto the Lord God of hosts.”

“Homily On Repentence and True Reconciliation unto God,” The Second Book of Homilies, (1623)
Day 37 Thursday, September 27 A Windsor-Compliant Website

No comments: