Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dear Bob????!!!!!

For something as momentous and painful as deposing a Bishop from his ministry and, in effect, excommunicating an entire diocese, don't you think something a bit more formal than "Dear Bob" is called for? This woman is so lacking in class. And doesn't she have a secretary, for crying out loud? When I worked at 815, if I had allowed something like this to get past me and embarrass my boss, I would have had to answer for it.

The Episcopal Church
The Most Reverend Katharine Jefferts Schori
Presiding Bishop and Primate

September 22, 2008

Robert W. Duncan
125 N. Linden Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15208

Dear Bob,

I wanted to write you personally to inform you that following the House of Bishop’s decision to consent to your deposition, of which you are already aware, I have signed the Sentence of Deposition, a copy of which is enclosed.

I think the press statement following the vote accurately sets forth the prayerful and thoughtful atmosphere of the discussions.

Please know that I urged the bishops gathered to hold you in prayer, and to do what they can to maintain a pastoral relationship with you. I pray that you may know the peace of Jesus Christ, and I remain

Your servant in Christ,


Katharine Jefferts Schori



From t19

1 comment:

Anglican Beach Party said...

Wow ... I agree with you.

Also, if she remains +Duncan's servant, does that mean she will follow his orders?

Or was that just a meaningless, hollow way for her to end the letter ... false humility?

--Paul
Hot Rod Anglican