Sunday, August 17, 2008

How I spent my summer vacation


I took a week off to spend a little time with my family, especially my older kids who are heading back to college.

We mostly just puttered around local used bookstores, antique stores and malls. But one day I had a Big Adventure.

We went here.


I discovered all sorts of Interesting Things and had Deep Insights. Like I am really, really scared of heights. Even if the heights are over small rivers hundreds of feet underground. And, oh yeah, I don't like being hundreds of feet underground in a cave with weird rocks that look like they are melting down the walls. Did you know that stalactites look like evil squid clinging to the ceiling? And I discovered that even though the temperature is a steady 52 degrees year round, it is possible to break out into a sweat when I watch my young children gleefully peering over the edge of the railing and urging me to do the same.

I recommend Howe's Cavern as a fun, family outing.

I just will not be going back there myself.

And I really, really will not go on the "Adventure Tour"

No comments: